Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Novak Djokovic wins 20th Grand Slam at Wimbledon

 


Novak Djokovic defeated Matteo Berrettini in the Wimbledon men's singles final to win his 20th Grand Slam and third consecutive Wimbledon title. The victory ties the record held by tennis greats Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for the most career Grand Slam singles wins.

Djokovic won 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 6-4, 6-3.

"Winning Wimbledon was always the biggest dream of mine when I was a kid," Djokovic said on the ESPN broadcast. "As a 7-year-old in Serbia, I constructed a Wimbledon trophy from materials I found around my room, and standing here today with a sixth Wimbledon, it’s amazing." 

Djokovic also acknowledged Federer and Nadal and said the three-way tie at 20 Grand Slams will only motivate him further US Today reported 



"None of us three will stop," he said. "They are legends of our sport, and they are the two most important players that I ever faced in my career. They are the reason that I am where I am today. The last 10 years has been an incredible journey that is not stopping here.”

History was also made courtside at Wimbledon. Marija Cicak became the first woman to serve as Chair Umpire at a men's singles final in the 144-year history of the championships. She previously officiated the women's singles finals in 2014 and the women's doubles final in 2017. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Selena Gomes

Selena Gomes
Bilboard Award 2013

Search This Blog

Translate