Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

God was saving this moment for me - Messi

Lionel Messi was in football heaven on Saturday night as, after so many years of success at club level, he was finally able to lift a trophy for his country.

Argentina triumphed 1-0 over Brazil in the Copa America final and their No.10 felt that providence had been saving this moment for him.

"I needed to get that thorn out my side of having never won anything with the national side, I've been close for a long time and I knew it was going to happen some time," said Messi after the game.

"I'm grateful to God for giving me this moment against Brazil in the final and in their country.

"I think He was saving this moment for me."


Messi was overjoyed, not just for what it means for his career after so many years of trying, but for what it means to Argentina to win their first title since 1993.

"It's crazy, I can't explain the happiness I feel, so many times I've had to leave sad, I knew that had to change some time, there was no better time," continued Messi.

"This group deserved it, it's something special.

"I've dreamt about this many times. I dedicate it to my family, my wife, my kids, my parents, my siblings, who have suffered as much as me or worse in the past."


 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Selena Gomes

Selena Gomes
Bilboard Award 2013

Search This Blog

Translate